Nashville’s Newest Travel Agent: Ashley Fitz with Epperly Travel
“The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy. It’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
I grew up in a quiet western Kentucky town with one stop light, but my childhood memories are filled with happy times traveling to visit far away relatives. When in NYC, I found the movement and energy of the city exhilarating and quite a contrast to the pace of life in my hometown. Even as a young child searching for seashells, I loved the peace I felt while looking out at the vast ocean off the coast of sunny Florida. In college, I jumped at the chance to join a group of friends for a Spring Break trip to Spain. It was my first opportunity to travel outside of the United States, and it was a life-changing journey. Since then, I have traveled many places and strongly believe that your travels have the power to transform you, no matter what age.
I have two young, energetic boys, and one of my desires for their childhood is to fill it with meaningful journeys that are fun, eye-opening experiences. I know first hand that traveling with children brings new challenges, but I wholeheartedly believe that planning for family travel is rewarding and special in its own way. Both of my boys took their first airplane rides at three months old and have probably been on more airplanes than the average adult. The world is amazing, and I hope to spark a zest for travel in both of my children.
Below are some of my favorite travel experiences. I would love to help you craft your new favorites!
- Traveling the island of Ischia, Italy by scooter and ending the day at the Negumbo spas
- Skiing in August on the slopes of Bariloche, Argentina
- Hiking to the top of Gros Piton in Soufriere, St. Lucia during our anniversary trip to Viceroy Sugar Beach
- Discovering the natural beauty in the Smoky Mountains during a special stay at Blackberry Farm
- Taking a private boat tour along the Amalfi Coast from Positano, Italy
- Deep-sea fishing on our honeymoon off the coast of Riviera Maya, Mexico, catching a snapper, and enjoying it for dinner just a few hours later – still the best seafood meal in my entire life
- My two boys playing happily in Central Park and then napping while roaming the chaotic streets during their first visit to New York City
Being based in Nashville, I’ve had the opportunity to come into contact with some amazing people who are traveling the globe. I love learning about where my clients have been as I think that truly helps us find where they should go next. I began working with Epperly Travel as a client while my husband and I were planning a milestone anniversary vacation. The planning process was personal and easy, and the trip was beyond our expectations. My desire is to bring that same personal attention to my client’s travel planning process.
It would make me so happy to hear what travel plans you are considering, whether your next trip is a kid-centric family vacation, an exciting adventure, a romantic couples getaway, an unforgettable honeymoon, or a big group trip to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Let me help you create some unforgettable memories!
Luxury Travel Consultant