Beth Ann and David’s review of Excellence Playa Mujeres:
We LITERALLY haven’t taken more than a weekend getaway by ourselves since we went on our honeymoon, and this trip was just what we needed. The resort was breath-taking, the service was top-notch, and the food was delicious. We were able to just relax when we felt the desire, but also had plenty of options for activities around the resort when we wanted something to do. Y’all were wonderful to work with, as always, and we so appreciate everything you did to make this an amazing experience.
Here is our synopsis:
– Location: Close to the airport (25 min ride) Beautiful beach.
– Food: The food was GREAT and options were diverse. We had so many options we couldn’t even make it to all the restaurants. We loved the French restaurant and the hibachi-style restaurant the best. There is also a coffee shop/bakery which was amazing! They had beautiful options overlooking the ocean and we never had to wait for a table!
– Entertainment: The resort did a great job of making activities / entertainment available at various times and locations throughout each day. Fitness classes and sports, concerts, bike tours, special tastings, and a ‘circus’ style acrobat show are just some examples. It seemed like there was always something going on and visitors could be as involved (or not) as they desired.
– Special Touches: The resort did several things to make our anniversary special, including breakfast in bed and special desserts/table settings.
– Add-ons: We paid additional to do the private dinner on the beach, and it was totally worth it. The resort also offered a variety of excursions, water sports, etc for those who were interested. The spa seemed amazing (but we didn’t have any services ourselves)
– Staff and Facilities: Staff were all extremely courteous and friendly. Facilities all appeared to be very clean (rooms included). While not brand-new or perfect, the room and other facilities all seemed to be in great condition.
We’d definitely go back! Thank you again for a wonderful recommendation!